Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Just Go

Last night I arranged a very random group of friends and headed out to Kula sushi in about a few hours notice for each person. Surprisingly it worked out although I was a few minutes late (sorry Baron). It was a good dinner and had some pretty interesting conversations, it's just surprising how a random group of people at a moments notice can get together and have a good time...that's how things ought to be sometimes.

and after we all headed out aimlessly since Guppies was deserted and we hoped to have some drinks there and to chat with some cute waitresses.

So me, Baron, and CJ headed out into the night, with no destination in sight.

It's been awhile where I've had the time to literally just wander an area, with no destination, with no purpose. As I was trying to think about where to go in the midst of Baron's screaming inline 4 engine, CJ's deep rumbling vtwin engine, and my own inline 3 engine with it's hybrid i-4 and v-twin exhaust note, and realized that this group ride was sort of the destination. As long as we were together, it didnt' matter, it was just fun and exhilrating to just ride with some friends.

No rushing and lane splitting to work or class, just pure old riding, just what it's supposed to be like. It's been awhile since I've had an opportunity to do this, it was a good break from set schedules and destinations which my life is composed of now...

"Where should we go tonight?"

"Anywhere, just go."

Well said.

No comments:

Post a Comment